GI COLLECTION is a transgender led company; our mission is to provide the things that our community needs.
A quick test:
Is your hair styling ability a cut above the rest?
Do you (figuratively) eat, sleep and breathe hair?
Are you keen to help the transgender community?
Did you score 3/3?
Great! Keep reading.
We’re looking for experienced hair stylists from all over the UK to help us provide our community with the hairstyles they want.
- Welcoming customers and identify their preferences by asking pointed questions.
- Recommending hairstyles and haircuts according to customers’ face shapes and tastes.
- Washing, rinsing and drying clients’ hair using appropriate shampoos and conditioners (e.g. for oily hair or dry scalp)
- Cutting, trimming and shaving hair using professional equipment.
- Applying a wide range of hair colouring techniques, like highlights, ombre and balayage.
- Applying hair treatment products, as needed (e.g. colour protection creams and hydrating masks)
- Forming bonds with customers e.g. remembering their hairstyle preferences.
A minimum of 2 years of work experience as a Hair Stylist, Hairdresser, Colourist or similar role.
An in-depth knowledge of the transgender community.
Knowledge of a wide range of haircuts, suitable for all hair lengths (e.g. braids and top knots)
Familiarity with hair treatment products and services, like keratin smoothing.
Up-to-date with industry trends.
Excellent communication skills.
Physical stamina to stand for long hours.
Flexibility to work in shifts.
Valid license from a cosmetology school.
Valid public liability insurance.
You’ll get to work for the first company of its kind in the UK, playing a huge part in improving the lives of the transgender community. We have a friendly, relaxed working environment within which we take care of our staff.
We’ll help you to get the things you need to be yourself through discounts on our products and services and free tickets to all of our events.
We’re a small but rapidly growing so you will have more impact on the direction of the business, often working directly with our founder.
We also offer regular staff outings where you can take part in a range of exciting activities.
Sound like fun?
Use our form by scrolling up and clicking “Apply Now”
Send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com to apply.
We’ll be in touch within 5 working days.